Groups of two or three are acceptable for this project. At least one member of your group needs to have Internet access privileges. You and/or your partner(s) will be required to:
• Research 5 exotic locations that you would like to travel to that are outside of the continental United States.
• Find tourist locations in those different locations. When writing about the different locations, be sure to identify any concerns that you have regarding traveling to that location (any unrest).
• Find the exchange rate of the currency for the countries you are traveling to outside of the US.
• Keep track of all costs that you would incur on your trip abroad. This includes: all train, flight, bus, cruise, taxi and other transportation expenses; all meals; souvenirs; and anything else that you can think of.
• You must plan day to day a 2-week (14-day) trip.
You will be responsible to turn in the following:
• A Title Page
• A detailed travel log of each destination (format listed below and to be discussed in class)
• A spreadsheet to categorize and total your expenses
• A chart of your total expenditures for your trip
• A spreadsheet that calculates the currency exchange rate
• A Works Cited page listing resources used
You must use MLA documentation
Please see Travel Project Example on the server.
Here are some possible sites: (Surf a little, find some good ones on your own)
Sites For Finding Exchange Rates
Travel Log Format
Date of Travel Bold the City, in complete sentence structure create a description of what you did, where you went, what it cost, how you got there, how you plan on getting to your next destination, what the meals cost.
Next Date of Travel Bold the City, in complete sentence structure create a description of what you did, where you went, what it cost, how you got there, how you plan on getting to your next destination, what the meals cost, etc.